Sunday, January 31, 2010

Marisa and Jon's Wedding

The Yale Club of New York City was the setting for this elegant fall wedding with a special place in my heart. I was so pleased to be able to work with this bride and groom... not only is Marisa my cousin, I met Jon at a family dinner only weeks after they began dating almost 6 years ago, so I felt like I was really part of the whole cycle of their courtship. Though playing double-duty of designer and guest was tricky at times, experiencing the enchantment of this day from every angle was well worth it.

I LOVE this color palette of dark red, burnt orange and moss green and it played so well in this ballroom. The centerpieces, composed of dahlias, hydrangea, cymbidiums and calla lilies, were beautifully constructed by Sara at Flowers of the World and the room was illuminated and filled with color by Aion Entertainment. Ah.... how a well-lit room makes all the difference...







I decorated this cake with two colors of satin ribbon and a single sugar flower... easy and gorgeous (if I do say so myself!).

Thanks to Sharon Schuster for these beautiful pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay was so fabulous! She helped us have the wedding of our dreams. Seriously, I had very, very, very high expectations of what the weekend would be like -- and it surpassed those expectations. That was Lindsay's doing -- from her suggestion of the band, to the photographer, to all of the aesthetic elements -- flowers, lighting, linens -- she walked us through the process and made sure we got where we wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is outstanding! The whole event looks spectacular! I can tell you pay attention to small details!

    ReplyDelete