Sunday, February 7, 2010
Rustic Tuscan Feast
Ok - 5 things I loved about designing this Tuscan-themed birthday celebration dinner:
1. I only had about 10 days to put it together - I probably shouldn't admit this, but nothing turns me on like a race to the finish.
2. This was a surprise party, so we only had about 2 hours to completely remove all existing furnishings from the loft, arrange the flowers, tie the napkins, set the table, set the buffets... well, everything! Reference point #1.
3. I adore using non-floral decor elements to make a statement and while we had 5 flower arrangements on this table, the bulk of the decor was created with green-market produce.
4. Rattan chargers, burlap runner and raffia ties... in other words: texture, texture and more texture!
5. The venue. Sharon Schuster's unbelievable photo studio is the most perfect place for an intimate dinner party because it has the "wow factor" of a beautiful City loft combined with the warmth of a chic private home.
Thanks to Sharon Schuster for these beautiful photos and for inviting me to style this special event.