Monday, April 19, 2010

Invitation Heaven

I don't often write about vendor experiences, but I have been so thrilled with the design process surrounding this party invitation, that I would be remiss not to share the love with you. After designing the overall concept for a beautiful birthday celebration for a long-time client, I was on the hunt for a letterpress invitation that suited my vision without the need for creating a completely custom design. I had worked with Bella Figura a number of years ago for a wedding invitation and was very happy with the outcome, but it had been a while and I had forgotten the pleasure of truly personal, consistent and customized service from a boutique stationer. I was beyond pleasantly surprised with the entire experience as well as every item we received.

Proofs came quickly. Changes were made intuitively. Shipping was expedient. Product was perfect. Presentation was impeccable. Now this is how an invitation should arrive...



A beautiful box with a ribbon tied around it and a customized label.



The presentation when you open the box... coordinating box lining, wrapping and shred.



My favorite part! Envelope sealant!! Every company out there should include this!



The gorgeous letterpressed invitations: double thick, rounded corners, two inks, ooh la la! We've whited out our clients' names for their privacy - I didn't want you to think there was a printing error.

Little things go a long way in this business of details. That envelope sealant alone will have me going back to Bella Figura again and again. That and the stunning invitations, of course! I can't wait to receive the favor tags and menus to complete this suite of products for the late May fete. More photos to come soon, of course!

I'd love to hear about your favorite small boutique printers who do something similar. There are so many new ones out there, I lose track, so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment