Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wedding Secret #1


Wanna hear my first wedding secret? Last month I sold my wedding dress! I know…how unsentimental of me to not have it take up room in my tiny, NYC closet, collecting dust until I can one day be rejected by my daughter who will look at me in disgust when I suggest she wear it. No way! Before I was married, I had big plans for my dress! (None of which Lindsay believed I would do in the end…She knows me too well I guess!) Dye it black! Cut it short! Someone even suggested I turn the bottom of the dress into christening gowns.

Then about two months ago my fabulous wedding photographer Rosalind let me know about this great website that connects brides looking to buy/sell used wedding dresses called PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com. My Monique Lhuillier dress was on there for less than two weeks when it sold to a lovely bride in Michigan. It was so simple - I paid $25 to post it on the site for 1 year and the interested brides emailed me directly. I’m excited that someone else will be able to wear the dress I loved so much, but also happy to have unloaded the “mental clutter” that was taking up so much space in my head.

I guess I’ll never get to be like Britney Spears and run errands in my wedding dress, but hey, I have other things to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you must feel a lot lighter. Congratulations on the sale Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete